This delicious dish has become an all-time favorite at potlucks and trailer parks everywhere. The great thing is that it can be made completely vegetarian with the use of meatless corndogs and chili. Feel free to spice it up with your favorite hot pepper sauce!
- 8 large corndogs or 24 mini-corndogs
- 2 cans chili
- 1 can refried beans
- 3/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup grated pepperjack cheese
- 1/2 cup of chopped green onions
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Combine chili and beans in mixing bowl. Arrange thawed corndogs in an 8"x12" baking dish. Pour chili and bean mixture into baking dish. Cover with cheese, and bake for 30 minutes. Add green onion garnish and place under broiler under browned.
- 1. Ingredients
- Here are the ingredients you'll need. The recipe can be made vegetarian with meatless corndogs from Trader Joe's or Morningstar Farms. Mini-sized corndogs work especially well.
- 2. Sticks
- If you use regular corndogs, be sure to remove the wooden sticks!
- 3. Layout
- Arrange corndogs in casserole dish any way you can, cutting them in half if necessary. Mini-sized corndogs work better, but I couldn't find any in Phoenix.
- 4. Beans
- Drain the top bit of liquid off the chili before combining with the refried beans. You can add a bit of salsa or hot sauce if you want!
- 5. Assembly
- Sprinkle a bit of shredded cheese around the corndogs in the bottom of the pan. Spread the bean mixture to cover, filling all the gaps. Cover with lots of cheese.
- 6. Final
- After baking, add green onions and brown under broiler. Be careful not to burn it! Allow to cool and set up for 5-6 minutes before serving warm.